The new Galaxy 1000 Plus Revolutionize Your Business Communications with our Cutting Edge IP Phones
The TLK Galaxy 1000 Plus is an enterprise phone with a useful DSS Key-mapping LCD that enhances employee productivity while keeping costs down.
The TLK Galaxy 1000 Plus has extensive corporate functionality and is compatible with a variety of systems like Asterisk, Genesis, Panasonic, Hudosoft, 3CX, and Axon.
The TLK Galaxy 1000 Plus is an excellent productivity tool with a powerful DSS Key-mapping tool that is simple to install and use. It allows it to multiply as an extension module to save time and money.
Galaxy 1000 Plus Experience Seamless Business Communications with our IP Phones – The Future is Calling!
Crystal-clear Audio Quality for Seamless Communication with HD Voice
Economical and Environmental friendly packaging and OPTIONAL EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY
Handset(HS) / Hands-free(HF) / Headphone(HP) mode
The TLK Galaxy 1000 Plus has a DSS Key-mapping LCD that supports dynamic usage to enable expansion modules. Its 8 DSS keys alongside the LCD display, provide dynamic functions to expand to a total of 28 virtualized DSS keys. This allows users to configure/customize each DSS key on every one of its five pages. The tri-color LED indicators come in handy during usage, as indicated in green. red or yellow reflects the key state.
•Phonebook (500 entries)
• Remote Phonebook (XMULDAP)
• Call log (100 entries, in/out/missed)
• Black/White List Call Filtering
• Voice Message Waiting Indication (VMWI)
• Programmable DSS/Soft keys
• Network Time Synchronization
• Action URL/ Active URI
• HD Voice Microphone/Speaker
(Handset/Hands-free, O~ 7KHz Frequency Response)
• Wideband ADC/DAC 16KHz Sampling
• Narrowband CODEC: G.711a/u, G.723.1, G.726-32K, G.729AB
• Wideband CODEC: G.722
• Full-duplex Acoustic Echo Canceller (AEC)- Hands-free Mode, 96ms tail-length
• Voice Activity Detection (VAD) / Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) / Background Noise Estimation (BNE) / Noise Reduction (NR)
• Packet Loss Concealment (PLC)
• Dynamic Adaptive Jitter Buffer up to 300ms
• DTMF: In-band, Out-of-Band – DTMF-Relay(RFC2833) / SIP INFO
• Call out/ answer/ reject
• Mute/ Unmute (microphone)
• Call Hold / Resume
• Call Waiting
• Caller ID Display
• Speed Dial
• Anonymous Call (Hide Caller ID)
• Call Forwarding (Always/Busy/No Answer)
• Call Transfer(Attended/Unattended)
• Call Parking/ Pick-up (depending on the server)
• Do-Not-Disturb (per line / per phone)
• Auto-Answering (per line)
• Voice Message (on the server)
• Local 3-way Conference
• Hot Line
■ 4 SIP Line
■ HD Voice
■ POE Enabled
■ 2.8″ color screen
■ Handset(HS) / Hands-free(HF) / Headphone(HP) mode
■ Intelligent DSS Keys
■ Desktop / Wall-mount installation
■ Optional External Power Supply
■ Economical and Environmental friendly package
■ Industrial Standard Certifications: CE/FCC
What is a Business IP Phone?
A Business IP Phone is a type of phone specifically designed for use in a business or enterprise setting. It uses internet protocol (IP) to transmit voice and data communications over a network, rather than traditional analog phone lines. Business IP Phones typically offer advanced features and functionality, such as conferencing, call forwarding and voicemail, and are often used in conjunction with a private branch exchange (PBX) system to manage and route calls within an organization.
How do Business IP Phones work?
Business IP Phones work by using internet protocol (IP) to transmit voice and data communications over a network. When you make a call using a Business IP Phone, the call is converted into digital data packets that are transmitted over the internet or an internal network, rather than through traditional analog phone lines. The IP phone is connected to the network either through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly through Wi-Fi, and it communicates with a private branch exchange (PBX) system or hosted PBX service, which manages and routes calls within the organization. Business IP Phones also typically offer advanced features and functionality, such as call forwarding, conferencing, and voicemail, which are managed through the PBX system or hosted service. The PBX system can be located on-premises, or it can be hosted in the cloud by a service provider, depending on the needs and preferences of the organization.
What are the benefits of using a Business IP Phone?
There are several benefits to using a Business IP Phone, including:
- Cost savings: Business IP Phones can be more cost-effective than traditional phone systems, as they use internet protocol (IP) to transmit voice and data communications over a network, which can save on long-distance and international calling charges.
- Advanced features: Business IP Phones typically offer advanced features and functionality, such as call forwarding, conferencing, and voicemail, which can help to improve communication and collaboration within an organization.
- Scalability: Business IP Phones are highly scalable, allowing organizations to easily add or remove phones as needed, without the need for additional infrastructure.
- Mobility: Business IP Phones can be used from any location with an internet connection, allowing employees to work remotely or from different locations without any disruption to their communication capabilities.
- Integration: Business IP Phones can be integrated with other business applications, such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems or unified communication platforms, to improve overall productivity and efficiency
Can I use a Business IP Phone with my existing phone system?
In most cases, it is possible to use a Business IP Phone with an existing phone system. However, it may depend on the type of phone system that you currently have in place, as well as the compatibility of the IP phone that you are considering. If you are interested in using a Business IP Phone with your existing system, it is recommended that you consult us so that we can advise you on compatibility and any necessary upgrades or modifications that may be required to ensure seamless integration.